HARRISON, NY (December 12, 2022) - URC, a global leader in smart home automation and control for residential and commercial applications, and Colorbeam Lighting, a global leader in low voltage, tunable and RGBW lighting fixtures and solutions for residential and commercial markets, announced today a new phase of collaboration in smart residential and commercial automation technology.
Starting immediately, URC and Colorbeam Lighting have created seamless control of Colorbeam’s DMX GATEway processor and compatible devices with Total Control®, URC’s award-winning residential and commercial automation platform. This integration includes native use cases in Total Control’s Scenes menus allowing events to control multiple systems and devices.
Lighting is among the most significant business opportunities for residential and commercial automation and control integrators. With human-centric solutions including indoor lighting, outdoor lighting, LED tapes / tracks and power and control accessories, Colorbeam’s DMX system allows easy project design, seamless integration and a robust revenue stream.
URC’s Total Control system delivers next generation, residential and commercial automation solutions, and exceptional performance for a truly personalized experience. With solutions controlling audio, video, lighting, climate, shades, smart security and more, URC can transform environments into comfortable, engaging, and integrated, unparalleled living experiences.
Combining the power of systems and devices creates a new age of smart home and office environments for URC’s dealer community and end users. Key benefits include:
- Unified, Seamless Integration – As part of URC’s Total Control Modules, users can simply automate and control multiple lighting zones and devices without the need for multiple remotes or control devices.
- Seamless Remote Access and Control – Allows for convenient control on-site, or through the URC user interfaces, or the Total Control app allows multiple room control.
- Voice/Hands-Free Control - URC’s voice commands through Total Control interfaces, Amazon Alexa or Google Home allow two-way communication with simple homeowner operation.
- Create Robust Scenes – With professional programming, users can launch scenes that create the perfect environment. Examples include a “Good Morning” or “Goodnight” scenes that adjust climate and lighting devices.
- Simplified Automation Programming – Professional programming is fast and easy through URC’s dealer community.
- Energy Efficiency – Helps homeowners understand energy usage and ways to reduce costs.
“This collaboration continues our relationship with Colorbeam and elevates residential and commercial user experiences with true integrated control and automation,” stated Lars Granoe, VP Product at URC.
Mike Teolis, President of Colorbeam Lighting, commented, “We are proud of our working relationship with industry leading control companies like URC. Together, we continue to innovate and deliver end-to-end lighting solutions for our customers.”
Find a URC Dealer
With over 25 years of excellence in audio-video, low voltage technology, Colorbeam Lighting’s founders deliver advanced lifestyle, wellness and experiential lighting solutions. As lighting evolves, Colorbeam Lighting’s sets the industry standard with reliable software and expansive fixture selection providing sophisticated lifestyle, wellness, and energy efficient benefits. With global reach, Colorbeam Lighting creates superior lighting experiences that enhance lives and drive health benefits. Lighting is more than illuminating spaces. Colorbeam Lightings’ holistic, human-centric systems create productive, appealing, engaging and dynamic spaces across residential, commercial and hospitality settings.