The URC MRX-8 Compact Network Whole-House Controller for Total Control won four awards.
The new feature-rich, scalable controller won “Best of Show Awards for CEDIA 2015” from TWICE and from Residential Systems, the “EXC!TE Award” from Technology Integrator, and the CTA TechHome “Mark of Excellence Award”.
A panel of anonymous professional integrators and journalist judges decided the Residential Systems and TWICE “Best of Show Awards for CEDIA 2015.” Entries were based on written submissions and visual inspections on the CEDIA show floor. Separately, NAPCO announced the Technology Integrator 2015 EXC!TE Awards just prior to CEDIA, on September 29. CTA (formerly CEA) Mark of Excellence submission winners were chosen by a panel of industry experts for excellence in custom integration and installed technology and will be announced at CES in January 2016.
“Four industry awards and all the recognition are frosting on the cake, but the biggest tribute is the way our installers have embraced the MRX-8 and been able to increase their opportunities and projects,” said Cat Toomey, URC Director of Marketing.
“Combined with our new TRC-820 Wi-Fi handheld interface, Total Control now presents an entirely new pricing tier never before seen in the whole-house control segment of the home automation industry,” said Toomey. “At $599 for the MRX-8 with unlimited mobile apps, more of our installers can get into more jobs and become the homeowner’s long-term trusted technology advisor.”
Here are several highlights of the MRX-8 compact network controller:
- Ideal URC central controller/processor for small to mid-range homes, condos, one room applications and the like
- Stores and issues commands and macros for all IP, IR,RS-232, Relay and Sensor controlled devices in one system
- Provides two-way communication with Total Control remotes, touchscreens, keypads and URC Mobile for both iOS and Android™ devices
- Offers control of countless popular third-party products including Sonos® music players, Lutron® lighting, Honeywell® and DSC security systems and many others
- Expandable via LAN and URC MRX-series sub-base stations (MRX-2)
- Routes commands to IR, RS-232, Relays and Sensors to multiple sub-base stations
- Plug-and-play with URC Z-Wave® Gateway for integration with thousands of Z-Wave-enabled products
For more information about URC, visit www.universalremote.com.